birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Friday, September 19, 2008

no apologies



"I have no regrets. I wouldn't have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say." Ingrid Bergman



i just cannot accept that breaking into someone's email account is ever okay, unless there is proof of danger to mortality. i am fairly certain that our current administration would highly disagree. i don't know, but surmise that violating civil rights, on which our nation is based, has slowly moved into "acceptable" if suspect of treason, spying, oppositional beliefs and policies, and refusal to cooperate.

conversely, i am unable to muster much pity or distaste for actions taken against the party in question considering her party of allegiance claims this precise behavior as its own right.

you get what you give...

Message to Ms. Palin...

THIS...IS...NOT...A...GAME

I am insulted that Ms. Palin thinks that asking readiness questions of her or apparently any other candidate is playing stump the candidate. Where has she been for other campaign seasons? Has she not seen other candidates get asked questions? Do people not ask questions in Alaska?

Horrendous.
from msnbc





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Boy Grows Up (can't log in right now for some reason). I agree with you about our eroded rights to privacy.

The massive invasion of my partner's and my privacy is a symbol of the everyday excesses and abuses being allowed in a nation where the Bush administration sets such a low-bar on individual rights.

I truly believe one day we will understand the shocking nature of how much of our Constitution became moot in the early 21st Century. Indeed, we already know a lot of the details, such as the fact that all AT&T telephone calls that route through San Francisco are recorded and listened to by the NSA. The no-reason-needed confiscation of cell phones and laptops at the U.S. borders. And the fact that the FBI in essence can begin surveillance and privacy invasion of anyone for any reason, or none at all. This is all out there, documented.

And the government isn't the only perpetrators, as much of the technology it uses to destroy individual rights finds its way into the hands of common people bent on malice. Rogue scumbags (like those who hacked Palin) get access to technology that allows them privacy invasion abilities that 99% of Americans have no knowledge of. But I know all about it -- it is part of my life 24-7.

Let's hope Obama can roll this back. I am not hopeful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails