birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Saturday, January 17, 2009

under the influence



Walking on a cloud
Feeling high
It happens every time
Whenever I'm with my guy

Tripping on love
And it feels so good
I can't help myself
And I wouldn't think I could

Plus he's got that certain drive
That I'm a victim to
Love's really got a hold on me
And there's nothing that I'd rather do



i guess the post title could lead to a wrong impression. no- i have not used. nor have i "fallen in love". i am, however, under the influence of something newer in my life. there have been distinctive and noticeable changes in my reactions to life recently. i feel as if i am being graced with patience and serenity in ways that are new and could be intoxicating.

a good portion of the reasons why are due to this spiritual program i am adapting for my life. it seems to fit more comfortably with each wear. with every working of the last 3 steps, i move toward peace. and part of it may also be an overarching relief about who's in charge with the ensuing inauguration of president-elect obama. i know i feel much more secure with someone i feel trustworthy in that position. and a good portion, no doubt, is the grace i have received these last two years, from scraping out all the sediment on my insides through this blogging process.

i have managed to clear away so much wreckage and make room for life again in an exhilarating way. this is a vibrant and colorful journey. the destination is still not known to me, but the pit stops and side bars have been life altering. i definitely am under the influence. of what i am not certain, but it feels a whole lot like love as i think it is.

today's sound choice is "under the influence of love" first by love unlimited, then by the incomparable kylie minogue.


Documents

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails