birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Saturday, July 18, 2009

music me me


List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below)

1. Bliss
2. Levi Kreis
3. Chicane
4. Idina Menzel
5. The Fray
6. Incubus
7. Kings of Leon
8. Silver Sun Pickups
9. Frances Faye
10.Dashboard Confessional

What was the first song you ever heard by 6? (Incubus) Drive

What is your favorite song of 8? (Silversun Pickups) Lazy Eye

What kind of impact has 1 left on your life? It has kind of been like tasting prickly pear cactus for the first time. I didn't even know what I was missing.

What is your favorite lyric of 5? (The Fray- How To Save A Life)
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life


How many times have you seen 4 live? (Idina Menzel) (1)

What is your favorite song by 7? (Kings of Leon) Use Somebody

Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad? (Chicane) I really love their cover of Sigur Ros' Poppaholla.

What is your favorite song by 9? (Frances Faye) The first song I heard of hers was "Frances and her friends". I never saw her live, but it's her career and what she represents that means just as much to me as her stellar Vegas lounge style. She was busting gender rules long before it was commonplace.

When did you first get into 2? (Levi Kreis) It was just last year. Somehow I stumble across "Hardly a Hero" and I couldn't get enough. I listened to that song every day for quite a few months.

How did you get into 3? (Chicane) I heard them the first time about 1999. I was preparing to move to San Francisco and a friend brought a CD over to the moving sale.

What is your favorite song by 4? (Idina Menzel) solo- My Turn To Be Brave - but I think her voice adds a lot of depth to the cast recording of "Rent"

How many times have you seen 9 live? (Frances Faye) never....sadly... But "Caught in The Act" is a live recording, so that flavor is there in every listen.

What is a good memory concerning 2? (Levi Kreis) I had his video embedded on my blog and it sparked a great conversation with someone I had never met before.

Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad? (Silversun Pickups) Don't know it if it's really sad, but Future Foe Scenario has a darker quality.

What is your favorite song of 1? (Bliss) Definitely "Wish You Were Here"

How did you become a fan of 10? (Dashboard Confessional) I heard them first right around the turn of the century, but I was hooked when I heard "Vindicated" from the Spiderman2 soundtrack. The lyrics branded themselves onto my soul.

today's sound choice is the chicane cover of sigur ros' poppaholla





Documents

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading about your selections. I've become quite a fan of Idina Menzel after listening to her on your blog or maybe it was FB. Never heard Chicane before but I like the selection that you chose to share and I became totally absorded by the video. Nice insight into how you think. I can't imagine a world without music. I've long suspected that you feel the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails