birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Thursday, January 7, 2010

brand new


"Brand New"
I just wanna reach you sometime soon
Show me a million strangers
I'll always find a broken boy
Drunk and laughing in some corners
By the dance floor

Did you want me
Did you lie
Maybe I don't mind
So much promise in your eye
I don't wanna change the world
I know I can't change you
Maybe I can change myself
Make me all brand new
Make me all brand new
Make me all brand new

the first week of the 2nd decade is coming to a close and nothing seems different, yet so much has changed. i was joking with a friend about the last 10 years being a tale of two cities for me, but it will always really remain so.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way
life moves on from here. drama may very well appear now and again, however i hope it will temper itself especially in contrast to this 1st decade of this 21st century. it seems i have spent much time looking inward and doing work and  no doubt this will continue, but i sense a change in the air. i can't put my finger on it, but i do believe something is on its way. i doubt it will be brand new, but it is a breath of fresh air when it feels that way. i like this "brand new" quote....

My joking answer to this question is that I leave a bowl of milk out on the back porch every night for the Idea Fairy. In the morning, the milk is gone and there's a brand-new shiny idea by the bowl....Sarah Zettel


 
today's sound choice is relatively new boy george. he represents change as much as anyone i can think of. and he is of my generation. here is "brand new"




Share


Documents

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails