birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Sunday, January 24, 2010

sundae



God, grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change Courage to change the

things I can, and the

Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardship as the

pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this

sinful world as it is,

not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make

all things right if I

surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy

in this life, and supremely

happy with Him forever in

the next.

Amen
am finally feeling a bit better after of month or so of not-so-good. i ran out of algae and haven't re-upped yet.- each time i am tired or under the weather, or over-stressed, i remember how much it actually affects my outlook and attitude.

what remains a challenge for me is recognizing when i am not on my game (while it's the case) and slowing down at that point. i can get so driven by the things i have to get done and by the need to succeed (and need to exceed) that often set myself up for additional drama.

one part of me knows that the world will revolve without me, but another part doesn't enjoy acknowledging that. more often i prefer to carry on under the notion that i am crucial and irreplaceable.  i guess that is the achilles heel.

hava great sunday.. and how about some of those performances on hope for haiti now?

today's sound choice is coldplay performed live for hope for haiti now...





Share


Documents

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So many good performances on Hope for Haiti. I liked Springsteen's performance of "We Shall Overcome." He made the song seem new again. I didn't know the spiritual that Mary J. Blige performed but she was magnificent. I also loved Jennifer Hudson's performance and Justin Timberlake's, and Stevie Wonder's...

I think that you need to separate crucial from irreplaceable. You are irreplaceable as is each of us, at least we are to those who love and care about us. Crucial is a different matter. The world can and will keep turning without an one of us, and I think that's as its meant to be. But never doubt that you are unique and irreplaceable, my friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails