birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Friday, March 21, 2008

warrior




We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
dalai lama


there are people that i can think of, that even though i have never met them, i certainly believe they represent something in my heart and my mind. mother theresa, princess diana, martin luther king, and of course, the dalai lama.

it seems oddly familiar that he is currently considering stepping down as the influences around him are sullying his work. yet the peaceful path that he teaches would have no other avenue available for him.

i cannot think of the path of peace without considering him with it. they are entwined in my mind. it is not easy to take a peaceful path. it is not ever my first thought. for me, it requires much self reflection and restraint. and so i just salute this man and what he represents.

It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers, but in our daily lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them.



1 comment:

Java said...

I like that: "desist from harming."
I'm usually inclined to help, but there are some people I just don't like very much. These people I attempt to desist from harming, usually with success.

Related Posts with Thumbnails