birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Friday, April 11, 2008

oh my goth




i thought i'd do something a little more lighthearted today. i regularly visit java's site and she had a little blog amusement posted and when i researched it i found a plethora of blogthings that are just for that: amusement

this one is "what's your goth name" so i am gonna post this one today. hopefully you will all play.




Your Goth Name is:



Vladimir Dystopia




mine is vladymir dystopia.... i like the sound of that.

in case you're not sure about goth- you can check the wikipedia here



and maybe i'll ask you to answer a couple of small questions today, too.

1) what is your favorite memory of anything goth? (mine is running an after-hours club in chicago and encountering goth wanna-be teens. several of them had rats for pets and carried them around on their shoulders. it was so adorable and very surreal.

2) who is your favorite goth character- alive or dead/ real or fictional? (i really think edward scissorhands is my favorite goth character. i mean, i loved syd and nancy, but i think they were just a bit pre-goth. besides edward could really trim a mean bush) lol.

and here's my favorite song from the best known goth band of the last century....lyrics here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is Xavier Clove

absolutwillie said...

I'm Chimera Beelzebub *grunt*

1) what is your favorite memory of anything goth?

When I still presented the "Shadow Chamber" goth/metal show at MFM (university days) - my co-host's girlfriend came in to do a midnight scream on air *lol* we got so much sh!t for that one!

2) who is your favorite goth character- alive or dead/ real or fictional?

Edward Scissorhands, no doubt.

Mark Olmsted said...

Mine is Sullen Omega.

I have no Goth memories. I never got Goth. Thought is was a bit silly, but they probably thought the same thing of me in my chaps going to the leather bars.

Java said...

Amethyst Wolfe here. Hmmm.

1) I thought I didn't have any memory of the whole goth thing, but then I though of the pre-goth goth. Dark Shadows. That's my favorite goth memory. I only saw a few episodes when I was maybe 10 years old, but OMG I loved it!

2) So of course my favorite goth character is Barnabus Collins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails