birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, September 29, 2008

wherever you will go


that's me and my hp

"There is an innocence within me that already knows how to trust my Higher Power, to cherish life while holding it lightly, to live fully and simply in the present moment. I will allow that part of myself to come forward and nourish me as I continue on this journey."
from Courage To Change; One Day At A Time In Al-Anon



i am finding that most of which holds me back, most of which lets me down, most of which bars me from moving forward is of my own making and in my own head. i am now learning to be my own motivator. i have to be my own coach, my own cheerleader, my own waterboy, and my own timekeeper. sometimes this seems overwhelming, but in lieu of the options, i guess i'm in pretty good hands.

i'm banking on being in sync with the universe and with the powers that be. the only constant is going to be me and my hp. no doubt it's an adventure. at least that's what my history tells me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true that we need to be everything to ourselves. Even for those fortunate to have nurturing families and/or a significant other; we're ultimately responsible for our own happiness and journey.

A Bear in the Woods said...

Nothing else seems to work for me better than just being present, every day, with a focused attention to Being.

Java said...

Wonderful photo! I love that look of pure joy.

In a recent comment on my blog, Ur-Spo said that very often our traps are locked from the inside. That might echo some of what you say here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails