birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, October 20, 2008

terrence howard



Acting deals with very delicate emotions. It is not putting up a mask. Each time an actor acts he does not hide; he exposes himself.
Jeanne Moreau


i had a really sweet brunch with my friend jim today. we went to the highlands and ate a bistro that neither of us had tried before. our waiter was authentically french, and the homemade raspberry puree that accompanied the croissants was out of this world.

anyway, jim told me that he had seen terrance howard on some program discussing his new album. this was news to me. i didn't realize it, but i guess he started out a singer. i happen to think that he is an incredible force on the screen. i have had the pleasure to see him in several roles and i am never disappointed. he embodies whatever character he inhabits and takes me along with him.

so i thought i'd share one of his songs today in the sidebar....

i declare today terrence howard day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

some really nice stuff indeed

Mark Olmsted said...

Go to the NPR website and find his interview this weekend, I think Saturday. He said some extraordinarily insightful things. A deeply spiritual and musical guy.

Unknown said...

I like his body of work in films but I had no idea that he was a musician. So cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails