birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

blue hearts


 

one day, it will be commonplace for a young gay boy or girl to dream of growing up, falling in love, and having choices about their future. they might see themselves in a relationship with another and spending their lives together, or they might see themselves as being completely independent, loving their work, and delving into the arts, sports, or philanthropy to spend their lives. their partners may end up being their best friends, or someone they rarely speak with. but they won't have to grow up feeling shame for who they are or what desires they have. throughout history, there are tales of unrequited love, unrecognized relationships, star-crossed lovers. much of that remains in place today. until that day, we hold this dream close to our hearts.
                                               or at least i do.

I love you
For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can't help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.


I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.


I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good,

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.


Roy Croft

(1907-1973)  this poem extracted from wedding vows at enotalone


today's sound choice is vintage 1970's disco from alec constadinos. here is romeo and juliet (part 1)



Share


Documents

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful dream, I hope that it becomes a reality very soon. Everyone should be free to love without fear or recriminations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails