birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, March 24, 2008

everyday i write the book



photocredit: handson.provocateuse.com

one of the biggest challenges and the greatest benefits from working a 12 step program is the one day at a time concept. there are days when life seems so overwhelming and impossible to endure and if i can really just remember "one day at a time" and remember that if i can just get through today, then things may look better tomorrow. and my experience has really confirmed this. things most often do look better after i've slept on it.

why brad pitt? why not, really. i absolutely loved his performance in 12 monkeys, and i also thought his bit part in true romance was stellar... stellar..mr and mrs smith was truly high camp, and how about a river runs through it???? i remember sighing shamelessly when i saw a river runs through it the first time (and it was the close-ups of mr. pitt which were the cause).

You can't think your way into a new way of living...you have to live your way into a new way of thinking

1 comment:

Java said...

One. Day. At. A. Time.
I forget that sometimes.
I have learned not to make huge decisions in one day. I sleep on it. A few times. Since my hormones fluctuate so often, and with it my mood, I usually need to wait a full month or more and test out a big decision with every mood swing. It's good when I have the leisure to do that!
As for dealing with a difficult situation, or a bad day, I often lose sight of that One Day At A Time idea. Thanks for the reminder.

Related Posts with Thumbnails