birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, June 2, 2008

what it's like



Iv seen a rich man beg, Iv seen a good man sin, Iv seen a tough man cry
Iv seen a loser win and a sad man grin I heard an honest man lie
Iv seen the good side of bad and the down side of up and everything between
I licked the silver spoon, drank from the golden cup and smoked the finest green
I Stroked the fattest dimes at least a couple of times before Ibroke their hearts
you know where it is yo, it usually depends on where you start.


the process of rebuilding my sense of self is at hand. or at least i understand now that i have to begin. i've had a few weeks to find my footing again, and now i have to make myself useful once more. the process of free time, (not away time) and interviewing lead me to the edge of idle hands and mind. so i now need to roll up my sleeves and get busy, so that i don't fall into a low tide.

the truth is that there are many people who are in much less attractive circumstances than i now find myself, and i have some experience in finding that bridge. i also have first hand experience that feeling good again is possible and part of my responsibility and my privilege is to share that experience.


What Its Like - Everlast

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails