birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, August 18, 2008

stand up



i am chock full of meetings today and tomorrow and then chock full of parties on thursday, friday, and saturday after work hours. sunday i head for dc to attend ryan white all titles priorities. it should be a healthy growth experience.

i will be in dc during the week of the dnc. i'm a bit regretful about this. i won't miss the extra security hassles and the crowds, but i will miss being a part of what i hope to be a historical moment in our nation's history. this is to be more than just the sending of another candidate through the machine. this will also stand up and acknowledge a part of the changes our nation has come through. i think it a proud moment for the usa.


i guess i'm feeling nostalgic with the big b'day around the corner. i hope you don't mind me sharing some of my favorites that are probably lesser known. this is a live version of this song by the housemartins that still manages me to feel hopeful.

and here is another stand up that makes me smile.....

2 comments:

Java said...

You are going into the new decade with a clear head and a lot of hard work behind you. Congratulations.

Sorry you'll miss the DNC. You're right, this is a big one, in so many ways different from anything previous.

Mark Olmsted said...

Ironic that you're going to Washington as Washington comes to you.
I misread them at first as the Housemartinis. I sorta love that name though.
And THANK YOU for forwarding the Roundup info to me in the first place. I never would have known about it, and now not only will I go, but I'll meet my next husband there! One little email will change my life forever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails