birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Sunday, August 31, 2008

this love



the Dalai Lama:
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.


i cannot say just how much i have felt loved this week. in so many ways, both small and grand, i have found myself surrounded and hugged by people whose intention is to love me. i am completely humbled by this. i cannot say i am gracious, but certainly try to return to gratitude with it. this is not something i have consciously been aware of before in my life. it is new, and it is lovely.

if this is what the fifties feel like, i think i'm gonna love 'em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, how are you doing. Well I guess I have the answer to that from you post. Guess it's post democrat convention hang over.

bug hug,

Brian

Java said...

I hope for your fifties that your experiences are predominantly love and acceptance. Hugs all around!

Related Posts with Thumbnails