birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, November 10, 2008

life on life's terms



You are my sister
And I love you
May all of your dreams come true
We felt so differently then
So similar over the years
The way we laugh the way we experience pain
So many memories
But there's nothing left to gain from remembering
Faces and worlds that no one else will ever know
...antony and the johnsons


went to a birthday party for the wife of a friend yesterday. she has been undergoing massive radiation treatments for what seems like a really long time. already having survived a double mastectomy, she now has cancer in her bones. she is reacting to the radiation and some of the interrim meds she takes. honestly, i cannot even begin to imagine.

yesterday was a good day for her. there were about 25 persons at the gathering. everyone was in such a loving and kind space. it was truly an honor to be there. i can't fix things sometimes, and that usually frustrates the hell out of me. but i didn't try to make yesterday about me.

this is progress. and i am glad i could be there for my friend.

today's song choice... "you are my sister" by antony and the johnsons.



Documents

2 comments:

Java said...

It sounds like a life-expanding experience.

Unknown said...

A good lesson, understanding that everything is not about me. Thanks for sharing it. May your friend's wife continue to be surrounded by love.

I come here for your words but I also come for the music. You have expanded my horizons with your always interesting selections. I particularly like the song today, "You Are My Sister."

Related Posts with Thumbnails