birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Sunday, August 30, 2009

thank you


How about me not blaming you for everything
How about me enjoying the moment for once
How about how good it feels to finally forgive you
How about grieving it all one at a time


wow what a day!! i am a little tired as i got up and started prepping for a lunch i prepared for 16 people. it was an eclectic group but all were very big in my life. my sponsor and a friend, some of my family, some work colleagues, a very good friend and her kids, and a treasured friend whom i used to date in the early 90's.

i really am in awe of them all and i wanted to do something very nice for them, but i could never have arranged to see them all individually. so cooking for them all seemed utilitarian and an opportunity to cook which is something i love to do and use my heart.

the real truth for me is that today was a gift i gave myself. i spiritfully cooked for all these people i love with sincere gratitude for putting up with me. at this stage of the game, i am not so interested in gifts or parties, but am completely interested in appreciating those who still put up with me in spite of my oh so many challenging idiosyncrasies.

and all my friends seemed to get along considering most had never met. one or two left fairly quickly, but that's okay. everyone had lunch and i presume they had seconds. the tenderloin, the asparagus, and the quinoa salad were finished up completely. the cheeses, the figs, and the beefsteak tomatoes were made invisible as well.

i don't know about any of my readers, but i have certainly put my friends and family through the ringer throughout my lifetime. and i can't erase of that from their memories or lives. so one more effort i am able to make is showing love and caring to them in ways i really haven't done before.


in memory, this is one of the sweetest celebrations i can remember. i highly recommend a thank you party for your friends. it made my birthday worth recognizing.

today's sound choice is alanis morrisette with a vh1 storyteller version of "thank you"



Documents

2 comments:

Java said...

I was wondering about the outcome of your party. Sounds like a great event. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

There's something so satisfying about preparing food for the people that you love. The menu sounds fabulous. What a marvelous way to celebrate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails