birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Thursday, March 6, 2008

channeling velvet


image credit: gianluca falteri
i stumbled upon this clip in my youtube travels. i actually sat through this film in '79 i believe. it was my friend velvet's favorite topic of conversation. i think he secretly wanted to change his sex. he was transfixed with some of the dialogue in this film.

velvet(neal) was part of our inner circle in the late 70's and early 80's. he was a chauffeur for a wealthy candy maker's widow and worked part time, but earned a full time salary. he always had fab clothes and heard all the latest dirt. his boss also looked out for him all the time, too.(translation- enabled his drug use).

velvet got his name because he had a retread operation on his booty. before this operation, he used to do chrissy (as it was called back then) and go to the tubs and pull trains. it stretched his muscles so he had a retread. the doctor instructe him not to engage in anal sex for at least six weeks to let the wounds heal properly. at the end of six weeks, neal went out on his first excursion. he hooked up with some guy for the night and then came around the next day with a shit eating grin on his face. we asked how his night went and he replied: girl... he told me my hole was like velvet...

and the name stuck...

so i guess we can just consider this clip "channeling velvet"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can actually get a retread? I've wondered. but I never dared ask my doc. how much does that cost? does insurance cover any of it? or is it considered cosmetic. do you have to go on a liquid diet for awhile so you don't poop? will it help me catch a good husband? how much did it hurt?

I'm crazy with questions.

Mark Olmsted said...

I shudder to think that video may have actually been considered cutting edge rather than high camp at one time.
Or perhaps low camp.
Oh, the 70s. The horror. The horror.
("pulling trains?" The things you learn on this blog.)

Anonymous said...

I don't recall seeing this particular video in the 70s but I saw others that seem just as dated in 2008. I had never heard of anal retreads, but it makes sense. Some women after years of childbirth get vaginal tightening done. I really do learn a lot on this blog.

Java said...

Still not sure what "pulling trains" is. Do I want to know, or would I be happier in my ignorance?

what gets me about this video (more than everything else OMG) is the music. What horribly tragic melodramatic music to have coloring the scene. O.M.G.

Related Posts with Thumbnails