birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

cry




yesterday i was moderating a post on SIN which contained this link.

Carl was such a genuinely nice guy. He moved here from LA and became a member of SIN shortly thereafter. He contributed to the last SIN newsletter, too (on page 3 if you want to read it).

He was murdered and left to die in an alley. As far as I know, he did not do drugs, so I doubt it was a drug deal. I will not speculate about the motives, as I don't want to diminish his spirit here. I have my thoughts and others have shared theirs with me, too.

Goodbye my friend. I am deeply saddened and will honestly miss your face and especially your smile at the table. i wish you well on your new journey.

The whole situation softly reminds me that I want to live my life in the sunlight of spirit. This life is often so fleeting. I don't want to live while not believing in myself or not working to make myself (and others) happier.

the whole situation makes me wanna cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's so sad. I'm saddened and I didn't even know the guy. I hope you're alright?

Mark Olmsted said...

This is so, so dreadful. I think I recognize him, but it could just be his friendly face was the kind you wanted to know.
Please keep us posted on whether they catch whoever did this and how the situation occurred.

Related Posts with Thumbnails