birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Thursday, October 30, 2008

candy



I would stand transfixed before the windows of the confectioners' shops, fascinated by the luminous sparkle of candied fruits, the cloudy lustre of jellies, the kaleidoscope inflorescence of acidulated fruitdrops -- red, green, orange, violet: I coveted the colours themselves as much as the pleasure they promised me."
Simone de Beauvoir


a downside

i made the very intelligent move of purchasing halloween candy 2 weeks early. now, of course, 2 days prior to all hallow's eve, all the candy has been eaten and i am without choice in purchasing more. so very typical for an addict.

an upside

but there is a bright side to all this candy nonsense. last night in my groups, i passed around a small bowl of halloween treats and the result was a highly interactive discussion from each of the 2 groups- insightful, a bit more honest, and lively as hell.

score one point for each side.

song choice : the fray - "over my head" acoustic version
Documents

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing!!!! I also keep snacks in the house for when the nieces/nephews visit. But, I always end up eating it before they arrive LOL

Unknown said...

Just purchased Halloween candy today to ensure that there was actually candy for the trick or treaters. I have no defenses against chocolate. Like the song, "over my head."

Related Posts with Thumbnails