birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Monday, January 26, 2009

work


it's a cold snow day outside. i haven't even roused much. i just realized that a meeting i wanted to attend doesn't start until an hour before i have to work this evening. i am planning on attending anyway.

there is a whole lot going on right now, and i find myself careening through my to-do list sometimes at a very unbridled pace. again, this is like penny candy for a bi-polar like me.

yesterday, i stayed in bed almost the whole day. i had worked over a week in a row, took friday off my day job, but ended up working all day on a volunteer project as you may have read. i butlered at a party on saturday night. i wore a new pair of trousers and they chaffed the inside of my legs, so when i work up yesterday, i truly felt and walked as if i had been horseback riding for a full day.

i napped, and napped again. i ate a whole box of good n' plenty and fell asleep again. i felt lazy and i felt luxury and i felt lucky. i needed to chill and that's what came to be.

i almost feel like doing the same today. but work is usually where i find my spirituality, so i am off- (some of you probably already knew that though, didn't you?

today's sound choice is a very youthful jimmy eats world with "work"


Documents

1 comment:

Java said...

Chill for a day. Always a good idea if it's done in moderation. I sometimes get so lazy (and afraid to go out) that I forget to stop chilling.

Good to be here. Blessings, my friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails