birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Saturday, June 13, 2009

letting go



There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world; it’s the beginning of a new life.


letting go sounds so simple. just 3 little syllables and it's done. in my world however, it's just a bit more complicated. i have been busy the last couple of years working in projects that have appeared before me. i have enjoyed so much of the process. i realize though that part of this process includes making room for others to take the lead and and for me it means moving on.

the weird part is the emotional tug that takes place during all this. there's a little bit that gets unnerved because others want to do things differently. most likely there are many things that should be done in a matter separate from the one at hand. but as my nature goes, i struggle a bit with the shift. even when i know things need to change.

and i know they need to change. part of what holds interest for me is the development of ideas. this is acutely opposed to running them. the latter seems about as tasty as spooning wheat germ in my eyes. the question is why would i put myself through the drama of expectoration when i already know it is inevitable?

today i went to a meeting and due to circumstances i realized 5 minutes in that i didn't want to be there. i want to support their efforts, but i cannot endure the posturing. so i slipped out and enjoyed my afternoon.

today's sound choice is morningwood with "best of me". i saw them perform on logo's newnownext 2009 awards last night. they were fine.





Documents

1 comment:

Java said...

I pray for strength for your journey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails