birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

mask



 Bury all your secrets in my skin
Come away with innocence and leave me with my sins
The air around me still feels like a cage
And love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again


early up today. couldn't sleep actually. i got a call and an email about something that was in the last SIN newsletter. an image was used for its intended purpose and there is some discontent with that image. i have been wrestling with my decision to use it, with the asking of permission, and with the actual complaint. i know that i definitely asked and received permission to use this image. i know that my reason to use it was decent. but i had no idea that it would cause such a ruckus. it doesn't seem real that it would be viewed as an invasion of privacy. it was a public photo and a release was signed for marketing. it is not used at all out of context.

there is a part of me that wonders what the meaning behind this drama is. how is it possible that the 600 copies of the publication that have been distributed only in hiv clinics and community based organizations have made it into the hands of someone so disconnected from the world of hiv and a city of 3 million? and if the messenger of this information was of the "evil axis" kind, how is this publication at fault? what about the intention of the delivery of this message?

and yet there are hurt feelings involved. this is the hardest pill to swallow. no matter what my belief about the charge that has been hurled, at the end of the day it is my responsibility to address it. this kind of result is not okay by me. i don't want to  be the cause of hurt in anyone- at least intentionally. but i cannot foresee all things either. if a photograph is taken, a release is given and signed, it would be safe to assume that when marketing for that product is done, that release would be understood. i guess i will have to be more careful in future. i am learning it is not best to assume anything when it comes to people. and i hope this individual can find the space to heal. from whatever any and all the ailments are.

today's sound choice is definitely a bit quirky. i do love this song and i love the band's image. my local radio station has been playing it for awhile and i always turn it up. here is slipknot with "snuff" it was recorded of jimmy kimmel so you may want to turn it up.... this song takes me back to my high school rock and roll days...




Share

Documents

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails