birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Saturday, June 14, 2008

reaching out



BARACK OBAMA, speech, Jun. 4, 2005

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.


i attribute my sobriety to my ability and good fortune to have finally surrendured to the idea that there actually might be a solution to my lifelong dilemna. that there might be something greater than me that perhaps i could fall in line with and work with in my life, instead of trying to keep on the same path i had been on for years. i acknowledge that i was able to find that willingness to surrender in a specific fellowship. i still attend this fellowship's meetings to this day.

here is an excerpt from ca

Hope, Faith and Courage: Stories from the Fellowship of Cocaine Anonymous was first published in 1994.

The following excerpt from Hope, Faith and Courage is often read at meetings of Cocaine Anonymous:

Reaching Out

I made it into this Program because someone else worked their Twelfth Step on me. Someone passed it on to me. Someone was out there after they got clean and sober, caring about others. I need to never, ever forget that. Had they simply gone on with their lives and forgotten about people like me who were still out there using and suffering, I wouldn't be here today. My gratitude begins with that fact. It is with that gratitude in mind that I reach out to others, especially the newcomers. I need to have them in my life. That is where my spirituality begins.
i really loved jeremiahs post the other day: you can read it here:

1 comment:

Mark Olmsted said...

Did I tell you you could skip a day blogging? No I did not! Don't ever do that again! It's very disorienting. You are my anchorblog, the one I read right after I post mine.
Sign me, Creature of Habit

Related Posts with Thumbnails