birds eye view

Follow ontheten on Twitter

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

a beautiful day



image credit: rockheart

it's been a very full coupla days. drove to idaho springs, shopped a bit, had dinner, drove on the unofficial annual idaho springs holiday lights competition tour. (new winner this year) made breakfast for my family and then drove right back to denver. we are having about 11-16 inches of snow falling.

on the drive back to town, i tried to change lanes to get around a slow driver and started to hydroplane and slid from the far left lane across the 3 lanes of highway and slid into a car that was entering the highway. no one was hurt thankfully, but i am a little numb still. i would have really felt terrible if someone was injured on this of all days.

i am thankful the other car, although damaged, carried people that are healthy, and that my passenger is healthy. this is the biggest gift i could receive this year. i need to remember just how lucky i am. 5 years ago, i was in the most seriously tall piles of shit that i could have dreamed. now i am nowhere near that place in my head or my heart.

there are gifts in my life. i just need to remember to see them.


5 comments:

Wayward Son said...

You are a gift to me.

A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm glad no one was injured. I'm just learning how to drive on ice and snow, living as I do in the cold northwest now.
I hope your Christmas was satisfying and happy.

Mark Olmsted said...

Don't forget Alanon.

Mark Olmsted said...

Oops that comment was meant for today's entry.
The entry's comment is:
"Thank God you paid your car insurance.
THAT'S recovery."

bearbricklove.com said...

What a close call! Glad you're safe – and well enough to write this inspiring entry. A blessed new year to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails